8 easy and swift wellness tips to feel great
These days, it seems there’s nothing we can’t do with the click of a button—whether it’s cooking dinner, getting a car to show up at our door and bring us to the airport, or booking a cleaning service. While patience may be virtuous, there are plenty of virtuous ways to score instant gratification, as well.
To help you get some satisfaction stat, we put together this list of “instant-gratification-guaranteed” tips. You’re welcome!
1. Reach out and touch someone. Whether it’s a hug from a friend, romantic partner, or even your pet, contact gets your endorphins (feel-good hormones) flowing.?
2. Do something for someone else. It’s true, when we make others feel good, it gives us a little lift, too. Consider these simple (and speedy) gestures: Letting someone go ahead of you through a doorway; allowing a car to yield in front of yours, or firing off a “thinking about you” text to someone you’ve been meaning to call for weeks.?
3. Eat something delicious, but not overly decadent. Nutritionists say that the quickest way to pick up your spirits, without doing in your diet, is to consume a small serving of the highest quality of whatever it is you’re really craving. In other words, a bakery-fresh chocolate chip cookie over a processed treat from the vending machine.?
4. Laugh. Keep a go-to YouTube clip of cats, a comedian, or whatever it is that makes you really howl on your desktop at work so that when stress hits, you can literally laugh it off.?
5. Put some lipstick on. Not only does it always improve your appearance in pictures, it can give you the confidence you need to step into any situation holding your head a little higher.
6. Get outside. The vitamin D you get from sunlight is believed to help reverse feelings of angst and gloom within seconds. It doesn’t even need to be a full-fledged walk around the block—a little natural daylight is all it takes.?
7. Focus on one thing. Ironically, multi-tasking makes us less good at more things. Decide to close email and just work on finishing that document that’s been weighing on your mind for weeks. The anxiety you won’t accumulate answering every ding! of the computer will make you instantly calmer.?
8. Spruce yourself up. When you look good, you feel good. It’s just that simple. And it doesn’t need to be a total overhaul. One quick and easy way to better your appearance is to fix your frayed ends (your hair being your crowning glory and all). Of course we love our Damage Remedy™ Split End Repair that seals split strands on contact. The key ingredients include Nangai Oil sourced from a South Pacific island, which helps draw wayward strands back together. Just apply a small amount to the ends of completely dry hair. Do not rinse. Style as usual. How instant is that?
Share using the hashtag #LivingAveda