6 ways to prevent body acne
Blackheads and whiteheads can appear anywhere on the face, chest, back, or even lower body! Breakouts on the body are most common on those with genetically oily skin. However, they can also occur on those who use comedogenic or acnegenic lotions, or body care products.
Here are 6 tips to help control and prevent body acne:
- Wear natural fibers, or fabrics specifically engineered to wick moisture away from the skin. This is especially important if you're working out.
- Experiencing acne where you carry a backpack or purse? Carry a bag with your hands instead.
- Shower as soon as possible after perspiring. If you can’t shower, carry a travel-friendly product containing Salicylic Acid to help purify and clear skin of excess oils.
- Wash the affected areas with a cleanser designed for acne-prone skin.
- After allowing the skin to dry, apply a treatment product containing Benzoyl Peroxide to the affected areas.
- If you often suffer from dry skin, moisturize with a non-comedogenic moisturizer. Excessively dry skin can lead to breakouts.